Scallop Achievements so far
Scallop Chain is celebrating its first anniversary and it feels like a very long year indeed since its inception. The team started with a few key individuals and has since grown in size and belief in its vision to strengthen the decentralized financial ecosystem.
Here are some of Scallops’ achievements since its inception.
- Scallop Chain launched the first-ever Initial Blockchain Offering (IBO) for the SCLP token. This step was a major milestone for Scallop and saw significant participation and engagement throughout the DeFi community with 15,000+ applicants for the whitelist in just a matter of days.
- Listings and Partnerships: The IBO led to Scallop getting listed on some prominent exchanges like Kucoin, Gate.io, MEXC, Pancake Swap, and others. Scallop was also a Platinum Partner for Europe’s premier crypto event, TOKEN 2049. Scallop also sponsored Norwich City Football Club in their last Premiership season and partnered with some prominent industry leaders like Ledger, Visa, Chainalysis, and lots more.
- Scallop Chain also launched its “SCALLOP LEARN PLATFORM”. Initially, our Scallop Learn educational platform was launched to provide the lay user with the basics of the crypto space. But since learning is a lifelong pursuit whether you’re new to crypto or a seasoned crypto user, it’s important to always be kept abreast of new advanced information like technical articles, crypto whitepapers, the metaverse, and everything in between. Scallop Learn is your one-stop hub for all the information you may need.
- In June 2021, Scallop in a bid to offer a low fee and secure way to trade crypto officially launched the Beta version of the Scallop Exchange with an overwhelming response. The Exchange enables Scallops customers to easily buy, sell, and hold 100+ crypto tokens with 20+ fiat currencies via bank transfer or credit or debit card.
- Scallop Exchange made waves not just for its successful launch but also for making history as the first DeFi company to reach the summit of Mount Everest. The scallop flag was proudly hoisted on the top of the world by mountaineers Kenton Cool and Jay Kolhatkar, who braved harsh conditions to reach an altitude of 8,849 m (29,028 ft). This was really exciting for Scallop as theirs was the first DeFi company to have reached the top of Mount Everest.
- Strategic Expansion: Scallop marked its foray into the Gulf region with its recently granted regulatory approval from Dubai’s Virtual Assets Regulatory Authority (VARA)! Scallop can now operate within UAE’s rapidly expanding digital assets ecosystem, offering top-notch financial solutions to a new group of customers. This certainly paves the way for even greater growth and development in digital assets.
- Scallop Chain officially achieved PSD compliance for its digital banking services in the UK and EU. This means that Scallop customers in these regions can now use our online and mobile banking platforms with the assurance of safe, secure, and regulated access.
- Recently, Scallop Chain announced its official onboarding onto the Binance Custody platform. Binance Custody ensures top-notch security for investors’ funds, offering cold and hot storage solutions. This means Scallop users can rest easy knowing their assets are safe and secure with Binance Custody’s advanced infrastructure.
- Seeing as lives could be drastically improved by Web3, the Scallop team has started laying the groundwork of incorporating Web3 into the current internet to make it better.
- The Scallop App is also already live for users in the EU. The Scallop team plans to launch the Scallop ecosystem including Scallop Chain, Scallop Cards, Scallop Pay, Money Transfer, and more very soon.
Like any young company, Scallop Chain also faced its own share of setbacks. However, it has also grown and matured in the face of these setbacks and has remained committed to its values.
Scallop Chain has indeed started to achieve its dream of launching an innovative range of products that will ease life for the lay crypto user and will continue to lead the way not just in fintech but in the global financial industry as a whole.